Monday, September 10, 2007

Around the globe

Hm, been a while since I complained about work*. Time to fix that!

Today's word that is only technically a word and not actually fit for human consumption:

"globe-bestriding"

Amazingly enough, Word's spellcheck didn't flag "bestriding". I guess it's not actually wrong, just remarkably awkward.

I changed it to "globe-straddling" for now. The whole sentence will likely be rewritten once I finish my first pass (error correction) and start on the second (condensing for word count).

* Actually, I'm not complaining about work. I'm complaining about the ridiculous things people put in their writing. I love my work because it means I can keep some of those ridiculous things from ever seeing the light of day.

EDIT: Yep, took it out altogether. I feel better now.